Monday 27 June 2016

X Ray Results


NEWS IN!!!!!.....and it is fantastic!

My x-ray results show that both my knees are fabulous and perfectly healthy which I am delighted with. Although this does mean that I am having a relapse but as far as I am concerned this is great news.

I now know that if I continue to train/workout I am not damaging myself (although it very much feels like it) or causing any more problems. It simply means that my brain is 'incorrectly' telling me there is something wrong therefore causing it to hurt. As it turns out, I am quite a tough cookie and seem to be able to run through the pain so I am back on it.

Just been out for my first run (2nd workout of the day) and it felt so good, I just love the freedom of running. I say freedom but I do still have my husband on the phone nagging me to be careful as my leg has decided to collapse on my a couple of times and he is worried this will happen while I'm out on a run and that I may fall and knock myself out or something (I know, he is a little extreme). As normal, I have found a great way to shut him up by getting myself an ID bracket from www.getmyid.com and I must say that I can't rate them enough.



By simply entering my details etc online all my personal illness information as well as next of kin is held in one place.  So if I am found in an unconscious state on the floor and an ambulance gets to me, they will be able to track my information and treat me accordingly, as well as contacting my husband so that he can say 'I told you so of course'. Either way I have it covered and although I very much doubt that any such thing will ever happen it is reassuring to wear this somewhat attractive bracelet and, as I have said, a great way of shutting up the other half.


So what's my point? Well, since having the dodgy knee that at first prevented me from doing what I enjoy I thought positively about it. In fact I really hoped it was an 'MS' thing because that way I could find a way to work through/with it and I have done exactly that. When it hurts I try and just deal with the pain, when it really hurts then I stop and rest, when it collapses on me (which I have ever faith it won't) then I get myself home and get back on it tomorrow. If it continues to happen, that's when I get to give yoga a go.

Where there's a will there's a way. don't let anything beat you...

No comments:

Post a Comment